Madelyn Orsini Award
The Madelyn Orsini Award is presented annually to a female student who demonstrates the values of the WEDLI organization by her commitment to leadership and community service on Long Island. The annual award is a minimum amount of $1,000 and can be awarded to one or more recipients.
Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Nominated by an active member of WEDLI or by a faculty member at the applicant’s attending university or college;
- Have a future career goal focused on promoting economic growth and development on Long Island;
- Currently resides in Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn or Queens County;
- Attends an institution of higher education in Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn or Queens County; and
- Successfully completed two years of undergraduate coursework or one year of graduate coursework.