Madelyn Orsini Award
The Madelyn Orsini Award is presented annually to a female student who demonstrates the values of the WEDLI organization by her commitment to leadership and community service on Long Island. The annual award is a minimum amount of $1,000 and can be awarded to one or more recipients.
Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Nominated by an active member of WEDLI or by a faculty member at the applicant’s attending university or college;
- Have a future career goal focused on promoting economic growth and development on Long Island;
- Currently resides in Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn or Queens County;
- Attends an institution of higher education in Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn or Queens County; and
- Successfully completed two years of undergraduate coursework or one year of graduate coursework.
The 2018 WEDLI Orsini Award application form may be accessed HERE.Application deadline has passed for 2018. Scholarship winners were determined in April 2018 and presented with the scholarship award at our Governmental Breakfast in May 2018.
In 2019 we will post an updated application form, which you can return with a letter of recommendation and official transcript, to:
c/o Cathleen Allen
Jaspan Schlesinger LLP
300 Garden City Plaza, Garden City, NY 11530
or email firstname.lastname@example.org